Need a little color inspiration for your design projects? Or perhaps to get ideas on how to paint the room. There are a lot of websites that can help you create an awesome color palette, but from what we’ve seen, we recommend these 5 websites.
1. Colourlovers was made to inspire web designers, people fascinated by home decoration or fashion, wedding invitation designers and event decorators. In other words color enthusiasts. Filled with thousands of color pallets and patterns, the site is an endless resource of inspiration.
You can browse through the great variety of color suggestions, create new ones and discuss the latest trends with a vibrant community of people. You can also create a nice background for your Twitter page in just a few minutes, check out the application here.
One word description: rich
2. Kuler is the spot you have to go if you need color combinations. Developed by Adobe, Kuler is an application for generating color schemes for any project you can imagine. There are thousands of themes already created by members and you can browse through them using the tags that members associated with their palette.
If you want to create a new theme, you can start from a color or from an image. It’s the kind of tool that you can play with for hours.
One word description: inspiring
3. Color Combos was build to help web developers quickly select and test website color combinations. They offer tools to see how different color palettes would look on the screen and a library where users share their combinations for some inspiration.
If you have some favorite websites that look nice, just grab the url and let ColorCombos suggest some colors from those sites. Or you can just browse different categories like aqua, lemon, green, peach and others to find a color scheme.
One word description: convenient
4. Toucan is a little more sophisticated tool, compared to the others in this list. Developed by Aviary, it was made to encourage you to create and play with color pallets. You can increase up to 20 or go down to only 3 colors in your scheme and you can customize it in many many ways. The possibilities are endless.
Aviary released several more online tools, among which an image editor and an effects editor, so the palette created with Toucan can be imported and used in these tools. I think that’s a great plus for Toucan users.
One word description: customizable
5. Colorhunter is a very simple tool that lets you create colorful schemes from your images. All you have to do is browse a photo from your computer or insert a URL.
One word description: easy